Blog

/Blog/
9 02, 2018

Sepsis takes life of 23 year-old man in Grimsby

2018-02-09T14:04:55+00:00 February 9th, 2018|Latest News|

A 23-year-old music fan who thought he had flu died of sepsis just 24 hours after being diagnosed. Daniel Sheppard was suffering from a high temperature and delirium at his home in Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, and a day later was having problems with his vision. He thought he had been struck down by the flu [...]

6 02, 2018

Doctors mistake NF for a pulled muscle

2018-02-06T16:30:01+00:00 February 6th, 2018|Awareness, Latest News|

A mum was left fighting for her life after a tiny cut triggered a NF, after doctors mistook pain for a pulled muscle. Laura Hayes-Meerman lost the skin and muscle from the right side of her body after surgeons were forced to cut away the dead tissue. The 52-year-old was on holiday, skiing in Vermont [...]

6 02, 2018

Recorded sepsis cases in Wales are increasing

2018-02-06T08:59:21+00:00 February 6th, 2018|Latest News|

Recorded cases of the potentially deadly infection sepsis are on the rise in Welsh NHS hospitals, new figures have revealed. In 2016-17, hospitals recorded a combined 12,589 sepsis cases compared to 11,457 in 2014-15 – an increase of 10%. While the Welsh Conservatives describe these figures as a cause for concern, health boards say they suggest NHS staff are [...]

29 01, 2018

Dad almost loses arm to NF

2018-01-29T10:20:30+00:00 January 29th, 2018|Awareness, Latest News|

Luke Dobson, 42, was suffering from flu-like symptoms when he developed a pain in his elbow. Thinking it was just aches and pains caused by the virus he thought nothing of it, but his condition soon took a turn for the worse. Luke, from Undy in South Wales, was rushed to hospital and diagnosed with sepsis. [...]

26 01, 2018

Texas woman loses life to NF after eating raw oysters

2018-01-26T11:16:03+00:00 January 26th, 2018|Awareness, Latest News|

A Texan woman has died after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria after eating raw oysters on a trip to the the Louisiana coast. Jeanette LeBlanc died after a three-week battle with vibriosis, an illness typically caused by eating raw seafood. After shucking and eating roughly two dozen raw oysters with her wife and a friend, LeBlanc began having [...]

26 01, 2018

Another tragic death as 8 year-old boy contracts NF after bike fall

2018-01-26T11:04:16+00:00 January 26th, 2018|Awareness, Latest News|

An eight-year-old boy has died just days after contracting flesh-eating bacteria despite four major operations that involved amputating almost every limb. Liam Flanagan, a second-grader who loved cycling and animals, crashed his bike as he rode down his family's hill in Spring Creek, Oregon, on Saturday January 13.  The handlebar sliced through his jeans, and [...]

15 01, 2018

Merchandise – Showing your Support & Raising Awareness!

2018-01-15T10:08:27+00:00 January 15th, 2018|Awareness|

We have a few pieces of official merchandise for sale if you would care to offer your support .. wristbands and pins ... both showing our charity details. Raising awareness through education is so important and you can also do your part. By wearing our official products you will be helping to raise awareness! The prices [...]

22 12, 2017

This Pen Can Save A Life!

2017-12-22T10:14:52+00:00 December 22nd, 2017|Awareness|

Our Educational Training USB/pens are distributed to assist in the educational learning for medical staff who are likely to assist in the treatment and survival of necrotising fasciitis. From early diagnosis to surgery this tool will be an extremely useful tool to pass on to your colleagues. We want to save lives and avoid debridement [...]

Load More Posts