Texas woman loses life to NF after eating raw oysters

/, Latest News/Texas woman loses life to NF after eating raw oysters

A Texan woman has died after contracting a flesh-eating bacteria after eating raw oysters on a trip to the the Louisiana coast.

Jeanette LeBlanc died after a three-week battle with vibriosis, an illness typically caused by eating raw seafood. After shucking and eating roughly two dozen raw oysters with her wife and a friend, LeBlanc began having respiratory distress and a rash, which she and her wife initially assumed were signs of an allergic reaction. But, when she went to the hospital, doctors said she had been infected by Vibrio bacteria.

“It’s a flesh-eating bacteria,” her wife, Vicki Bergquist, told a local news station. “She had severe wounds on her legs from that bacteria.”

You can read the full story here.

We send our deepest condolences to Jeanette’s family.

DISCLAIMER
We at The Lee Spark NF Foundation (including our professional network); do not support any advertising found in these links. The wording used, though helpful in raising awareness of necrotising fasciitis, is used in a publication media manner and is not produced by our charity.

 

2018-01-26T11:16:03+00:00 January 26th, 2018|Awareness, Latest News|