Helping those whose lives have been affected by necrotising fasciitis
Welcome to The Lee Spark NF Foundation
The mission of The Lee Spark Necrotising Fasciitis (NF) Foundation is to help those whose lives have been affected by necrotising fasciitis and other severe streptococcal infections and medical staff who are involved with investigating, diagnosing and treating NF.
Our aims are to:
- support the families and those affected,
- educate the medical profession and the general public,
- promote recognition of the early signs and symptoms of necrotising fasciitis and severe streptococcal infection,
- highlight the causes, effects, treatment and management of this horrific disease and
- promote research into prevention and treatment.
Our charity was established in January 2000 by Doreen Cartledge following the loss of her son to this dreadful disease. Doreen realised the need to give support to those people forced to deal with NF both personally and professionally.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us.
Fundraising is a vital part towards the running of our charity and every penny raised is gratefully received.
The Lee Spark NF Foundation is the United Kingdom’s only support group for people who have been affected by severe streptococcal infections or necrotising fasciitis and has helped thousands of sufferers, relatives and medical staff from organisations around the world.