Monthly Archives: September 2019

19 09, 2019

Essex mum gets NF through mosquito bite

2021-01-11T10:04:39+00:00 September 19th, 2019|Awareness|

Mum’s ‘heart stopped for three minutes’ after she was bitten by a mosquito in her back garden and developed necrotizing fasciitis. A mum has revealed how her heart stopped for three minutes after being bitten by a mosquito in her back garden. Kim Robinson, 25, developed a flesh-eating bug and feared her leg would be [...]

16 09, 2019

Dad dies of ‘flesh-eating’ disease after doctors fail to diagnose

2021-01-11T10:04:50+00:00 September 16th, 2019|Awareness|

A Birmingham dad went to hospital with arm pain but died 36 hours later after medics failed to spot a ‘flesh-eating’ condition in time. Heartlands Hospital investigation found a ‘lack of recognition’ of sepsis by doctors meant an ‘opportunity was missed’ to diagnose the condition and remove the infected tissue Dennis Pearce was admitted to Birmingham’s Heartlands [...]

9 09, 2019

Teenager dies of necrotizing fasciitis after doctors send him home 3 times

2021-01-11T10:03:48+00:00 September 9th, 2019|Awareness|

Teenager, 18, who was sent home from hospital three times in just 48 hours after complaining about knee pain dies - because doctors missed he was suffering from a flesh-eating disease A teenager died of an infected toenail after being sent home from hospital three times following a series of horrific blunders. Alex Haes, 18, [...]

4 09, 2019

A huge thank you to our fundraisers!

2021-01-11T10:03:29+00:00 September 4th, 2019|Awareness|

We're taking the opportunity to say a huge thank you to all of our amazing fundraisers! You've all worked so hard in your campaigning and fundraising. Thank you everyone! We're very fortunate in that lots of people chose to raise money and awareness for us, something we never take for granted and are hugely appreciative [...]

2 09, 2019

Father of four dies after contracting flesh-eating bacteria

2021-01-11T10:03:19+00:00 September 2nd, 2019|Awareness|

A 50-year-old man who lost a quarter of his skin to flesh eating bacteria has died. David Ireland, from Orlando in Florida, died on Thursday, according to an obituary published on Newcomer Orlando. Mr Ireland was admitted to the emergency ward at a Florida hospital with “flu-like symptoms”, but his condition quickly deteriorated in August, according to [...]