Monthly Archives: October 2019

//October
31 10, 2019

Group A Streptococcus Focus Meeting

2019-10-31T16:54:12+00:00 October 31st, 2019|Awareness, Event|

It was absolutely fabulous to be part of the Group A Streptococcus Focus Meeting on 29/30th October, held at London’s School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine . It was an honour to be asked to participate and contribute to some of the already excellent work being undertaken by the team. We all benefited from working [...]

18 10, 2019

Remembering Lee Spark on his birthday

2019-10-18T11:23:53+00:00 October 18th, 2019|Awareness, Charity|

Remembering my dear son on his birthday today. So sadly lost to this horrific disease. But also celebrating the success of our Charity in supporting so many families worldwide. RIP Stephen Lee Spark 18-10-1975 to 06-10-1999 Love always, Mum. Dee Founder/The Lee Spark NF Foundation. Reg Charity: 1088094

14 10, 2019

Mum almost killed by necrotizing fasciitis after C-section

2019-10-15T09:31:21+00:00 October 14th, 2019|Awareness, Latest News|

A mum has told of her C-section horror after she was nearly killed by a flesh eating infection (necrotizing fasciitis) that smelled "like dead bodies". Stricken Claire Gurney, 37, says an excruciating “black mass” enveloped her stomach just two days after she gave birth to her new baby boy last month. Mum-of-four Claire, from Kettering, [...]

9 10, 2019

Need a respite holiday? Let us help!

2019-10-09T09:30:53+00:00 October 9th, 2019|Charity, Event, Latest News|

The Lee Spark NF Foundation would like to invite applications from survivors, bereaved or carers of NF Worldwide to have a wonderful one week respite holiday for two people staying at Los Giles, Almeria, Spain. This property is so cute and is 100+ years old. https://www.facebook.com/thegrapevinesbnb. May 2020 The applicant should email us on [email protected] [...]

4 10, 2019

Mother ’24 hours away from dying’ after catching NF from C-section

2019-10-04T12:31:56+00:00 October 4th, 2019|Awareness, Latest News|

A first-time mother has told how she caught a flesh-eating bug (necrotizing fasciitis) after an emergency cesarean, which left her 24 hours away from death. Krista Parise, 32, spent two weeks in hospital battling necrotizing fasciitis - a vicious infection that destroys skin, muscles and fat. Doctors found she had contracted a bacterial infection during [...]