Latest News

/Latest News
4 11, 2019

Woman left in coma after cat scratch turns into NF

2019-11-04T10:09:53+00:00 November 4th, 2019|Awareness, Latest News|

Woman, 65, left in coma after her ‘spiteful’ Siamese cat scratched her. A grandmother had to spend over six weeks in hospital due to a scratch from her pet cat. Shirley Hair, 65, almost died when she developed sepsis, septic shock, organ failure, pneumonia and the flesh-eating bug Necrotizing fasciitis. The grandmother-of-five didn’t connect her [...]

14 10, 2019

Mum almost killed by necrotizing fasciitis after C-section

2019-10-15T09:31:21+00:00 October 14th, 2019|Awareness, Latest News|

A mum has told of her C-section horror after she was nearly killed by a flesh eating infection (necrotizing fasciitis) that smelled "like dead bodies". Stricken Claire Gurney, 37, says an excruciating “black mass” enveloped her stomach just two days after she gave birth to her new baby boy last month. Mum-of-four Claire, from Kettering, [...]

9 10, 2019

Need a respite holiday? Let us help!

2019-10-09T09:30:53+00:00 October 9th, 2019|Charity, Event, Latest News|

The Lee Spark NF Foundation would like to invite applications from survivors, bereaved or carers of NF Worldwide to have a wonderful one week respite holiday for two people staying at Los Giles, Almeria, Spain. This property is so cute and is 100+ years old. https://www.facebook.com/thegrapevinesbnb. May 2020 The applicant should email us on [email protected] [...]

4 10, 2019

Mother ’24 hours away from dying’ after catching NF from C-section

2019-10-04T12:31:56+00:00 October 4th, 2019|Awareness, Latest News|

A first-time mother has told how she caught a flesh-eating bug (necrotizing fasciitis) after an emergency cesarean, which left her 24 hours away from death. Krista Parise, 32, spent two weeks in hospital battling necrotizing fasciitis - a vicious infection that destroys skin, muscles and fat. Doctors found she had contracted a bacterial infection during [...]

30 09, 2019

Can you make us your Charity of the Year?

2019-09-30T12:38:25+00:00 September 30th, 2019|Charity, Latest News|

Bit of a plea, this one. We're looking for any of our survivors, or family and friends, to see whether they could nominate us as their workplace Charity of the  Year? Previously, we've raised awareness on a large scale plus fundraising events (raffles/auctions/quiz nights) and also have a lot of fun! All through being selected [...]

19 09, 2019

Essex mum gets NF through mosquito bite

2019-09-19T09:46:08+00:00 September 19th, 2019|Awareness, Latest News|

Mum’s ‘heart stopped for three minutes’ after she was bitten by a mosquito in her back garden and developed necrotizing fasciitis. A mum has revealed how her heart stopped for three minutes after being bitten by a mosquito in her back garden. Kim Robinson, 25, developed a flesh-eating bug and feared her leg would be [...]

16 09, 2019

Dad dies of ‘flesh-eating’ disease after doctors fail to diagnose

2019-09-16T09:32:31+00:00 September 16th, 2019|Awareness, Latest News|

A Birmingham dad went to hospital with arm pain but died 36 hours later after medics failed to spot a ‘flesh-eating’ condition in time. Heartlands Hospital investigation found a ‘lack of recognition’ of sepsis by doctors meant an ‘opportunity was missed’ to diagnose the condition and remove the infected tissue Dennis Pearce was admitted to Birmingham’s Heartlands [...]

Load More Posts